Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: UM news; Vernon denies yahoo's latest report

  1. #11
    Jon Bastian's Avatar
    Jon Bastian is offline Senior Writer and Recruiting Analyst Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,953
    Very informative article!


  2. #12
    Papaya Cane's Avatar
    Papaya Cane is online now Heisman Trophy Winner Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger First Class5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,291
    I hope so...run this guy, Robinson, out of business. Let him go back school and learn what journalism is all about instead Miami Channel 7 news crap. Telling this guy should call Rick Sanchez and run a sleezy sensationalism news station.


  3. #13
    UMFarArcher's Avatar
    UMFarArcher is online now Heisman Trophy Winner Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Walton Beach
    Posts
    2,046
    I smell doo doo from the simple fact that - if you're WITH someone, why in Hades would you be calling them several times?


  4. #14
    JN Gerhart's Avatar
    JN Gerhart is offline Magistrate Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassThree FriendsOverdrive1 year registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    5,815
    Quote Originally Posted by UMFarArcher View Post
    I smell doo doo from the simple fact that - if you're WITH someone, why in Hades would you be calling them several times?
    I'm sure CRob has an unnamed source who can fill us all in on the obvious fact that Allen had lost his phone at the club & Ovie was helping him look for it by calling the thing 12 times.

    Hmmm. Maybe I should look into "investigative" journalisms.

    JoshuaBorne likes this.
    Rest in Peace, theu75.

  5. #15
    Ed La Fave's Avatar
    Ed La Fave is offline Heisman Trophy Winner Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1 year registered10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,388
    Please guys, read the actual article for yourself and take the time to comprehend it instead of instantly dismissing everything in it.

    The article never says that Allen was with Chickillo and Vernon in the club. The article says that Allen arranged the night out and paid for it. Phone calls between them (which is a verified fact) would make complete and total sense as far as him arranging the night out. Whether or not they can prove that aspect of it and whether or not the NCAA needs proof up to that standard is another question entirely.


  6. #16
    DapperSlapper's Avatar
    DapperSlapper is offline Insider Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    318
    If Chickillo doesn't get suspended or at least have to pay some amount of money, then we'll know it wasn't proven to be true. It's a given that Chickillo was interviewed - one would think he would be honest (given what happened to Aravious). If he admits something, then there will be some type of sanction. If he denied it, but the report is corroborated by other means, then there will be some type of sanction (more severe). If he denies it, and there is no corroboration, then he'll be good to go.


  7. #17
    JN Gerhart's Avatar
    JN Gerhart is offline Magistrate Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassThree FriendsOverdrive1 year registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    5,815
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperSlapper View Post
    If Chickillo doesn't get suspended or at least have to pay some amount of money, then we'll know it wasn't proven to be true. It's a given that Chickillo was interviewed - one would think he would be honest (given what happened to Aravious). If he admits something, then there will be some type of sanction. If he denied it, but the report is corroborated by other means, then there will be some type of sanction (more severe). If he denies it, and there is no corroboration, then he'll be good to go.
    Hold up: if we believe Golden & look at the timetable, then I think its safe to say that the NCAA has known about this allegation all along if it has credability, yes? Everything that happened in 2011 should be covered. This is a retread from CRob--legit or not--that stems from the trial records, not an actual notice of new improprieties.

    At least that's how I read it.


  8. #18
    Ed La Fave's Avatar
    Ed La Fave is offline Heisman Trophy Winner Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First Class1 year registered10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by JN Gerhart View Post
    Hold up: if we believe Golden & look at the timetable, then I think its safe to say that the NCAA has known about this allegation all along if it has credability, yes? Everything that happened in 2011 should be covered..
    Maybe you could provide some links to support that? Based on my unreliable memory Golden said this information isn't new but he didn't say exactly when it came to light. If the NCAA didn't find out about it until late in the season (or later) then by the time they verified the facts the season may have been over. So it is possible punishment could come down at the start of this season.

    ...although I read something somewhere that claimed Golden told Chick not to expect any punishment.


  9. #19
    JN Gerhart's Avatar
    JN Gerhart is offline Magistrate Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassThree FriendsOverdrive1 year registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    5,815
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed La Fave View Post
    Maybe you could provide some links to support that? Based on my unreliable memory Golden said this information isn't new but he didn't say exactly when it came to light. If the NCAA didn't find out about it until late in the season (or later) then by the time they verified the facts the season may have been over. So it is possible punishment could come down at the start of this season.

    ...although I read something somewhere that claimed Golden told Chick not to expect any punishment.
    Really, Ed? You expect me to remember something?

    All joshing aside, I'm admittedly speculating on this criteria: investigation started well before 2011 season AND early enough for players to be suspended for 2011 season; no incoming players suspended for 2011 season (in fact, none after 2009 class, right?); Golden's categorization of "new information" as having previously been included in investigation. I can't find a link for that, but Golden repeatedly said "we're talking about a guy who hasn't been on our staff for over a year", which--if accurate to Golden's involvement in the investigation--means that the book on Allen's involvement was written & closed before Golden even knew about it.

    Also, Golden has said the entire time "I am not involved in this investigation" --hence he knows "as much as you guys". If the Allen accusations were germane to the current investigation he would be a part of it. What is interesting (& perhaps disconcerting) is that if these allegations were in fact new information, then those statements from Golden circa August 2011 lead definitively to the conclusion that Allen's involvement went deeper than they were looking.

    So, you're right in a sense: all of that blended info/opinion/theory does not mean in an airtight sense that all the Yahooooooos accusations have been addressed in the ongoing investigation.

    * What you may have read RE: Golden & Chik is from Milian,

    "….Asked if he expected any of the current UM players – including standout defensive end
    Anthony Chickillo -- named in the Yahoo story as having accepted impermissible benefits -- to be suspended, Golden responded, 'I do not.'"


    UM coach Al Golden talks Seantrel Henderson, Yahoo, QBs and more | 'Canes Watch blog: Miami Hurricanes | The Palm Beach Post


    Last edited by JN Gerhart; 07-30-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    Cane57 and Ed La Fave like this.
    Rest in Peace, theu75.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO